Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Day Eight...The Journey Forward

I know where I stand upon the road map of my life.

I could never move in any direction till this was clear.

It's clear.

I've been pondering of where it is I would like to live.

Did I want to stay in Queens?
Did I want to move back to Long Island?

I'm 33 years old, single and I have the freedom and choice to live anywhere I choose. I left Long Island two years ago because I couldn't seem to get out of the cycle of active addiction I was caught up in.

I left everything here and built a new life for myself.

But it's time to come home.

Something is drawing me back here.
The power it used to have no longer has me in it's grips anymore.
I don't see the past here any more; Only the promise of what the future holds and the hope that wells within me.

I met up with a few people in recovery this evening.
I was welcomed with big smiles and warm hugs of love.

Something is telling me to come back.

I've learned that the voice within is the voice that loving guides
me in this journey of rediscovering myself.

Something is stirring within.
Something is being processed.
Something is about to be revealed.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July.
Independence Day.
A celebration of freedom.

I am free.
Life is amazing.

I visited the blog "Go Smell the Flowers" the other day.
Some days I forget to stop & smell the flowers.
To just stop and soak in the moment of perfection that is around me in every moment.

I was sitting on a tree stump looking at a field of tiger lilies dancing in the wind on a sea of green; trying to put words to together to describe it's beauty.

But there are no words to express the brilliance of natures brush stokes upon this canvas of life.


Until tomorrow,
Mighty Morgan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faith sweetie, not hope, have faith!

I will keep you in my thoughts. Good luck with returning home.

Anonymous said...

And prayers... you have prayers.

We will keep you in our prayers and thank you for sharing your journey with us. I have great faith that the future is more than we can imagine - yours sounds like a miracle in the making to me.

Anonymous said...

Hey great post and we're so glad you're remembering to smell the flowers while we all still can!

Your blog touched us and for that we thank you.

Warm and healthy Regards from Dubai - keep strong x

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog! I love your blog (this isnt really an appropriate place to tell you but hey)

www.rosshetherington.com

Anonymous said...

This is one of those random visits because I saw your visit on blogcatalog. I would like to say how much I admire the courage you are in opening up and telling your story, talking to people is both therapeutic and insightful but I think in all honesty it is great to know that there are people out there who are listening to you. I'll be checking in on you over the coming weeks. Stay positive.