Saturday, March 15, 2008

What if????

What if you woke up one morning to realize that everything you thought you knew about life was wrong?

Would you roll over and go back to bed or would you choose to stay awake?

I choose to stay awake.

I have allowed myself to be formed by the ideas and beliefs of others for most of my life. The result was the confusion I floundered in for much of my life as I struggled to fit myself into the molds of conventional society.

Wandering half asleep, I lived according to set of rules that had been spoon fed to me, never once realizing that they held no validity in regards to me being who I was.

I learned that who I was…was not enough.

Then I woke up.
Then I made a decision.
Then I took my power back.

I choose to stay awake.

There are points in time when I forget that this process of life is one of constant change and any place I may find myself in is one that is only leading me to the next point in time.

If I choose to listen to the voice within.

Day by day.
Hour by hour.
Minute by minute.
Second by second.
Moment by moment.

As I break free from the beliefs that do not serve me, I choose to walk upon the cosmic stepping stones that lead me forward in this journey of self discovery. Each step allowing me to remember who it is I really am and who is is I no longer will settle in being.

Day by day.
Hour by hour.
Minute by minute.
Second by second.
Moment by moment.

I see myself ahead….

The little girl I abandoned so long ago, who has waited patiently for my return to self, to rediscover the magic that exists within.

The magic that exists within all of us.

No comments: