Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day Five.....Spiritual Vitamins

Day Five

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the crisp bright blue of the sky.
The breeze from the ocean smelled clean and sweet.
I knew that today was a day of healing.

It was time for me to turn over the pieces of my life and start the process of the healing of my inner spirit.

I let go of so much mental garbage in the past few days that I’m empty.
But I've purged myself of the wrong information....

It's time that I let the spirit of who I am to swell and fill the empty spaces that linger within.

But first I need to take my vitamins……

Vitamin LL
Vitamin K
Vitamin H
Vitamin U
Vitamin P
Vitamin S

…. the essentials in which to build a new foundation of beliefs for my life.

Spiritual Vitamins.

Love and Laughter
Kindness
Hope
Understanding
Peace
Serenity

I found out something amazing today....

My five years old nephew is Spider man.

In the past year and a half I have been so consumed with keeping the pieces of my new life together. Trying to hold on to what I had that their was no time for anything else.

Work .
Sleep.
Work.
Sleep.

That's not life.

That's a self-induced jail sentence.

Life seems to repeats itself over and over before you finally hear what it says.

“Hey Morgan…this ain’t working for ya”

God is always talking…it was just me that wasn't listening.

Often I discover a little too late that the flight has been redirected by the autopilot in my head and I’m in the first class section of life cruising at high altitude on my way to a place of pain.

Pain has a great way of getting my attention.

It starts a small crack in the unconscious thinking patterns; One second in which I can fully take a look at what I doing and why I am even doing it.

That’s what this 30 day experiment is all about.

Keeping the moment in my line of vision; allowing myself to steer my own course through life instead of running on the faulty beliefs that have just not worked.

Today was a day of embracing the love, laughter, blue skies and sunshine that is everywhere.

In every moment.
In every smile.
In every sweet breeze.
In every warm kiss of sunshine on my face.

The sparks of hope within me have set ablaze my willingness to continue in this process.

My persistence a roll of thunder opening every door of possibility.

I'll end with this story.

I heard it through a man I adore and whose belief in me began the process of me believing in myself.

His name is "The Rev".

I don't know if he is the true author or not. So if I am mistaken, please feel free to let me know.

A man comes home one evening after a long hot ride on the Long Island railroad. All he wants to do is sit in the cool breeze of the air conditioner.
Just as he begins to settle down, his son comes up to him.


"Daddy, I want you to play with me".

The father looks at the boy. He's hot, tired and just wants to relax for a bit.
So he looks around to see how he can buy some time. He spots a magazine with a map of the world on it.

He grabs the magazine and tears the map up in to little pieces and tells the boy when he puts it back together then he'll play with him.

The little boy walks away satisfied and the father sits back with a big smile, thinking to himself,


"That will keep him busy for a while."

In less then 5 minutes the boy comes running back to his father.


"I'm finished!"
"I'm finished!"
"Will you play with me now?"

The father sits up wondering how he could be done, he just gave it to him.


"Did your mother help you?" he asked.
"No, I did it all by myself."

The father looks to see if he really has put it back together. It was all taped up and a bit messy but he had put the map back together.


"How did you do that so fast?" the father asked the boy.

The little boy smile and looked at his father......


" I just turned it over and there was a picture of man....
I put the man back together and the whole world just fell into place."


I am in the process of succeeding……

Until tomorrow

Mighty Morgan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spiritual vitamins! I love that idea.

Some vitamin LL would surely be lovely!

And vitamin K would bring more love and laughter.

Seriously though, I know you can do it.